Join Expanding Inward as we delve into the hauntingly beautiful story of Orpheus and Eurydice. This residential weekend retreat will include evening rituals, large-group sessions and facilitated small-group discussions as we immerse ourselves in this myth in a community context. We'll explore the work through trance, storytelling and movement -- and, of course, music, rhythm, and song to honor Orpheus: the greatest musician who may never have lived.
Join us as we go...
walking in the dark. Feels like you’ve been walking forever. Everything you know, and love, is behind you. Ahead you see sunlight. New beginnings. A form unknown. Just don’t look back, and everything will be alright. Just don’t look back…
Orpheus looked back, and lost everything. Or did he?
Eurydice was left behind. Lost forever. Or was she?
What does their story have to tell us, as the seasons change? Is it about love and loss? The nature of Heroism? The power of self-expression? Is it about the wisdom of cycles? The necessity of moving forward? The gravity that holds us back? The nature of Story is that it holds many meanings. What parts of this story serve us, today? Teach us? Touch us? What parts will we re-tell to serve us better? And who are we, in relation to this myth? Are we the storytellers? Are we the heroes? Are we Eurydice who dies? Are we Orpheus who must live on without her? What if we’re all of these? What if we’re more?
Join us as we luxuriate in community while unpacking this ancient story of the one who must go on alone. As we step into Spring, what do we leave behind in Winter? As we walk out of Winter, what challenges, gifts and lessons await us in the Spring?
Registration and Logistics
This residential event will be held at Toddhall Retreat Center, approximately 40 minutes from the St. Louis International Airport. Your registration will include all programming, meals and housing for the event. There are three pricing options:
- For a triple occupancy room (two roommates): $200.00
- For a double occupancy room (one roommate): $225.00
- For a single occupancy room (very limited availability): $275.00
Please note: Meals at Toddhall are served cafeteria-style. A sample menu is listed below, but should not be considered an official menu for the event.
- Pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit, cereal, yogurt
- Biscuits, gravy, sausage, fried eggs, cereal, yogurt
- French toast, bacon, fruit, scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt
- Chili or soup, Deli sandwiches, chips (diced onion, cheese & crackers for chili)
- Hamburgers, chips, baked beans, pasta salad, (lettuce, tomato, onions) cookies
- Cheese steak sandwiches, chips, salad, soup, cookies
- Taco salad, corn chips and salsa, brownies or cookies
- Chicken Cesar wrap (with lettuce and tomato), chips, fruit salad, cookies
- Chicken or Tuna salad sandwiches, soup, chips, cookies
- Chicken parmesan, pasta, broccoli, garlic bread, salad, cheesecake
- Roast beef, roasted potatoes, green beans, corn, rolls, pie or cobbler
- Roasted pork loin, sweet potatoes with apples, vegetables
- Baked chicken, scalloped potatoes, green beans, salad, rolls, cake
**Please note: This sample menu is representative of the meals served at Toddhall Retreat Center, and should not be considered an official menu for the event. For specific questions (food-related or otherwise), please contact [email protected]**